- University of Canterbury Library Homepage
- University of Canterbury Library Chemistry Subject Page
- jobs.ac.uk - for those of you looking to the next step in your career, a visit to will give chemistry-related post doctoral positions in the UK and Ireland
- Rutherford Biography and Web Site
- Information on Christchurch from the Christchurch City Council
- The Press (Christchurch Newspaper)
- Discover New Zealand - New Zealand Travel Information
Societies and Institutes
- New Zealand Institute of Chemistry
- Royal Australian Chemistry Institute
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- American Chemical Society
- The Organic Chemistry Portal
Distillations - a weekly podcast on the past, present, and future of chemistry with interviews, features, commentaries, reviews, and—of course!—the Element of the Week. Recent episodes have included topics like the chemistry of wine, chemistry in cosmetics, and the chemistry behind hybrid cars.
- Internet Journal of Chemistry - the peer-reviewed electronic journal for chemists
- WWW Virtual Library of Chemistry Departments from the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California Los Angeles
- NIU Cheminformatics Trinity College, San Antonio, Texas
- WWW Links for Chemists - an index of chemistry resources on the web from The University of Liverpool
- ChemWeb - the largest online chemical community in the world
- ChemDex - the directory of chemistry on the WWW since 1993
- ChemBioNews - The leading collaborative Internet publication serving over 250,000 scientists worldwide.
- ChemExper - freely accessible database of chemicals over the internet.
- ACS Publications strives to provide its members and the worldwide scientific community a comprehensive collection, in any medium, of high-quality information products and services that advance the practice of the chemical and related sciences
- Elsevier Science Publisher of more than 20,000 products and services, including journals, books, electronic products, services, databases and portals serving the global scientific, technical and medical (STM) communities.
- Chemical Abstracts Service provides pathways to published research in the world's journal and patent literature
- Dialog highly accurate online research tools offering access to unique and relevant databases.
- Chemindustry.com Chemical World Search Engine
- International Center for Scientific Research (CIRS) - references all scientific organizations, listed by country and topic
- Chemistry Job Vacancies leading job vacancy site for chemists, biochemists, pharmaceutical scientists and chemical engineers.
- Organic Chemistry Jobs Worldwide
- International Pharmajobs
Useful Search Options
- NZS.com receives over 150,000 unique visitors per month and is the highest traffic NZ-based search site directory.
Free Online Courses
- onlinecourses.com - Free online courses from the world's leading universities. Yale, MIT, Stanford, Harvard, and many others are sharing lectures and videos with lifelong learners from all around.