Professor Peter W Harland
Adj. Professor of Chemistry, Rice University and Rice Quantum Institute, Houston, Texas
Fields of Study
Chemical Physics; Molecular Dynamics
B.Sc.(Hons.)(Wales), Ph.D., D.Sc.(Edin.), F.N.Z.I.C., F.R.S.N.Z.
Fax: +64 3 364 2110
Experimental and theoretical studies of gas phase electron and ion collision processes:
- the effect of molecular spatial orientation on electron impact ionization and ion-molecule collisions using crossed particle beams;
- the energetics and mechanistics for electron impact ionization of small molecules and molecular clusters;
- the measurement of absolute ionization cross-sections and the development of theoretical models for electron ionization processes;
- the theoretical modelling of non-reactive ion-neutral collisions;
- the computation of ion transport properties and the application of a drift tube to the measurement of ion mobilities.